The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and British Standards Institution (BSI), announce the release of a Corrigendum to BS 7671:2018+A2:2022. The Corrigendum makes changes to five areas of the IET Wiring Regulations and will come into effect immediately upon its publication on Monday, 15 May 2023. The Corrigendum will be available for free download from the IET and BSI.
The changes include:
- Regulation 422.2 has been amended to clarify the scope of the provision.
- Indent (ii) of Regulation 443.4.1 has been removed. The term safety service, formerly included in Regulation 443.4.1 (ii), encompassed a wide range of systems. The provision, therefore, had unintended consequences for improvements to fire safety systems within installations.
- Table 443.2 and the Note to Regulation 5184.108.40.206 have been amended to remove examples of equipment.
- Regulation 701.1 has been amended to remove the reference to birthing pools.
- A new Regulation, 710.422.2.201, has been included in order to modify requirements in Regulation group 422.2 for protected escape routes in healthcare facilities.
For more information on the Corrigendum and all things BS 7671:2018, please visit: www.theiet.org/updates.
Erudite Training recognises the importance of staying up-to-date with the latest regulations and standards in the engineering and technology sectors, and welcomes the publication of the Corrigendum by the IET and BSI. As a provider of high-quality electrical training, Erudite Training is committed to ensuring that its courses reflect the latest industry standards and best practices.
We encourage all professionals in the engineering and technology sectors to familiarise themselves with the changes, in order to maintain compliance with the latest regulations and to ensure the highest standards of safety and quality in their work.